Blake F. Hanson is a real estate attorney and partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. He is a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group where he focuses his practice on office, retail and industrial leasing, mortgage financing, acquisitions and dispositions, and land use and development.
Blake regularly represents landlords, tenants, financial institutions, borrowers, retailers, developers, real estate investment trusts (REITs), private equity and institutional investors, and owners and users of data centers.
Blake prides himself as a savvy business counselor with an ability to identify his clients' needs and deliver efficient and practical advice tailored to specific situations.
Blake's recent experience includes:
- On-going representation of national banking association with respect to retail and office leasing matters, and real property acquisitions and dispositions, spanning across client's national portfolio of real estate leased and owned.
- On-going representation of landlord covering all leasing matters for a 1,300,000 square foot office building in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- Representation of lead lender in $36 million mortgage loan and participation encumbering multiple student housing properties in northern Illinois.
- Representation of Fortune 200 Company with respect to multi-national portfolio of industrial and warehouse leases.
- Counsel for retail anchor tenant for lease and ground-up development of shopping center site.
- Representation of real estate investment trust (REIT) with respect to portfolio property acquisitions and mortgage debt financings of over $450 million for light industrial, office, and mixed-use properties throughout the United States.
- Counsel for institutional purchaser of $62 million, 600-unit multi-family apartment complex.
- Representation of lender in multi-state deed-in-lieu of foreclosure transaction involving a portfolio of 16 properties appraised at $118 million.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., 2007)
- Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy (Article Editor)
- Thomas J. White Scholar
- Wheaton College, Illinois (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Professional and Civic Activities
- River North Residents Association (Former Development Committee Member)
- Chicago Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)