Brian Anderson is a business lawyer with a practice centered on commercial real estate. His experience includes commercial leasing, real estate development, stadium financing, sports franchise acquisitions and contracting, and tribal real estate.
Brian is a member of the Wisconsin Bar Association’s Real Estate Section. He has been recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America® in Real Estate Law for each of the past six years.
Before practicing law, Brian was a math and English teacher in Wisconsin and Kenya. He clerked with a Baltimore real estate developer and The Nature Conservancy at its international headquarters.
Brian's experience includes:
- Real Estate Purchase. Manufacturing, hospitals, waterparks, golf courses, bank and credit union branches, easements, and sport/recreational facilities.
- Real Estate Development. Zoning and land use, construction contracts, development agreements, tax increment financing (TIF), and brownfields.
- Commercial Leases. Tenant build-out, ground leases, sports stadium and team leases, ground leases, build to suit, and options to purchase.
- Sports Franchises. Negotiation of USL and baseball franchise agreements, stadium leasing and coordination of use and franchising with municipalities.
- Tribal Transactions. Formation of tribal entities. Acquisition, development and construction on fee and trust land.
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Minnesota (B.A.)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2013-present)