Briana Mayes is a real estate attorney and associate with Quarles & Brady LLP. She focuses her practice in the areas of real estate finance, acquisitions and dispositions, and commercial leasing.
Briana assists developers, builders, contractors, and property managers with their legal needs pertaining to their business. She represents lenders in finance transactions, including those involving loans, construction loans, and New Markets Tax Credits. Briana also assists clients with purchase and sale transactions.
Briana's recent experience includes:
- Assisted in the representation of seller in a $40 million sale/leaseback of a medical building in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented a health system with various general real estate matters in Chicago, Illinois, including title and survey review and leasing of medical properties.
- Assisted in the representation of an institutional real estate investor’s sale of a $108 million Class A office building.
- Represented borrower in the refinancing of a $20 million bond and unwinding of a New Markets Tax Credit transaction.
- Represented lender in various construction financing transactions to non-profits in downtown Chicago, Illinois; including, drafting loan agreements and ancillary loan documents and title and survey review.
In 2015, she was a summer associate at Quarles & Brady.
- Real Estate
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Black Law Student Association (Vice President)
- Sports and Entertainment Law Society (Member)
- Moot Court Honor Society (Member)
- Chicago-Kent Street Law Society (Charter Member)
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (2012)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Lawyers in the Classroom (Volunteer)
- Black Women Lawyers' Association (BWLA) (Member)