Emerging Growth Companies
Quarles & Brady is experienced in representing both investors and emerging growth companies from formation to commercialization, IPO, or acquisition. We represent clients in emerging industries, such as renewable energy and clean tech, information technology, life sciences and biotechnology, telecommunications, health care, real estate, consumer products, direct marketing, and other core growth markets.
- Significant Experience Representing Emerging Growth Companies. As a national law firm, we pride ourselves on our representation of some of the nation’s largest public companies. At the same time, we are equally proud of our ability to deploy this expertise for the benefit of our emerging growth clients.
- Venture Capital. We regularly represent private clients in pursuing, negotiating, and structuring financing from a wide variety of sources, including angel investors, venture capital investors, and venture and private equity funds. We make introductions to the firm’s own contacts in the financial community, and we have extensive experience with all of the most common types of transactions, including firm-commitment and best-efforts IPOs, registered directs, and reverse mergers.
- Corporate Venturing. We regularly work with large corporations that increasingly invest in emerging growth companies to supplement their research and development efforts.
- Compliance and Corporate Governance. We take a business-oriented approach to the preparation of SEC filings and corporate governance matters. Our public company clients benefit from our experienced securities team, including lawyers who formerly worked for the SEC, and we pride ourselves on our in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of SEC, stock exchange, and OTC rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Broad Breadth of Related Services. Our emerging growth companies practice incorporates our knowledge in key related areas, including sophisticated tax, technology transfer, patent and trademark, M&A, litigation, labor and employment, and antitrust practices. Our corporate attorneys often act as “gatekeepers” within the firm, helping clients negotiate advantageous pricing and ensuring responsiveness and communication throughout all areas of the representation.