Private Equity/Venture Capital
Quarles & Brady's Private Equity/Venture Capital Team works with clients at every phase of the investment cycle, from acquiring or providing early “seed” or “angel” level capital to investments in established businesses and industries. We make introductions to the firm’s own contacts in the financial community, and we have extensive experience with all of the most common types of transactions, including firm-commitment and best-efforts IPOs, registered directs, and reverse mergers.
We represent clients as diverse as investment funds, universities, foundations, individual investors, management, venture capitalists, and angel investors, and in industries ranging from biotechnology to packaging materials.
- private investments
- leveraged and management buyouts
- subordinated debt/mezzanine financing
- business formation and tax-effective investment structures
- formation of investment funds
- exit strategies
- equity rights and transfer restrictions
- follow-on investments