Patent - High Tech
Counsel that protects your innovations while maximizing your profitability
Capabilities at a glance
- An intellectual property (IP) protection strategy geared towards both your long-term and specific business goals, working closely with your in-house counsel and technical teams.
- Highly experienced patent attorneys, working as part of a full-service Intellectual Property Practice Group that devises patent strategies to protect your inventions.
- Legal advice grounded in high-tech market knowledge and industrial and academic experience, ranging from computer, software and electrical engineering to physics, optical sciences, semiconductor technologies and microbiology.
- Global legal support in a joined-up business environment, protecting U.S.-origin and foreign-origin inventions alike, ensuring IP protection coverage across multiple jurisdictions.
Patent protection as an essential business tool
Our High-Tech Patent team prides itself on actively learning and understanding your business objectives and the marketplace in which you operate. We routinely review new products, innovations, manufacturing and business methods to reveal protectable innovations. We then work directly with inventors, project managers and your legal teams to identify the optimal approach to protect these innovations, in light of the scope of competitors' patent coverage and appropriate design-around strategies. Based on these strategies for patent protection and portfolio maintenance, we provide you with value by helping you achieve your immediate objectives and long-term goals. Our trial lawyers and patent prosecutors also can assist you with resolving IP disputes through litigation, as well as arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution approaches.
Clients benefit from our deep understanding of high-tech industries
Quarles IP attorneys are integral members of their clients’ teams. We have been practicing patent prosecution and preparation for more than 100 years, and we’re always focused on the latest technological, legal and market developments. We develop and implement strategies to protect vital innovations while maximizing patent portfolio profitability, based on intimate personal understanding of technologies and the cutting-edge world in which our clients operate. With extensive backgrounds in various disciplines, our team of patent lawyers has helped clients ranging from international and domestic multi-billion-dollar companies to aspiring startups and academic institutions in numerous high-tech industries. We maximize the values of each of our clients’ portfolios based on a systemic approach and a detailed understanding of the subject being protected.
Our areas of services include, but are not limited to:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Medical imaging and processing, including optical, ultrasound, CT, MRI and X-ray
- Pharmaceutical and biotech
- Opto-electronics, including semiconductor technologies, optical sciences, integrated and fiber optics, optical sensors, thin-films and lithography
- Robotics, automation and manufacturing
- Autonomous vehicles
- Electrical engineering, including transmission of power, signals and data
- Computer storage, software, hardware and proprietary circuits
- Technology of microscopic devices, including MEMS and related micromechatronics and microsystems
- Mechanical and automotive engineering, including autodimming mirrors, valves and engines
- Voice-recognition systems
- Ophthalmological devices and diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders
- We have been primary counsel responsible for creating and managing the patent portfolio of a U.S. subsidiary of a multinational corporation specializing in consumer electronics, optics and imaging products. We organized brainstorming sessions that produced countless invention disclosures, addressing the transition to a new generation of semiconductor-processing technologies.
- We helped a U.S. manufacturer of scientific instruments for materials and molecular research to define the IP scope of its business development, as the company navigated spinning off small startup companies and assessed the value of IP associated with the acquisition of startups.
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release
- News Release
- (520) 770-8753