Labor Management Relations
Experienced labor relations counsel that can prepare you for any eventuality
Capabilities at a glance
- Experience in navigating and combating union organizing drives in many states, in addition to training supervisor- and executive-level employees on the do's and don'ts when employees may be organizing.
- Successful defense of our clients in federal court litigation initiated by unions and unionized employees.
- Robust and up-to-date advice for non-unionized employers on matters related to the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA).
- Extensive experience representing unionized employers in collective bargaining, arbitrations and NLRA proceedings, including issues such as secondary boycott “bannering.”
Effective and informed labor management relations attorneys
Our Labor Management Relations team has handled numerous union-organizing campaigns around the country. Whether we are working with a union-free employer who wishes to retain that status, or a unionized employer seeking to deal firmly and yet constructively with its unions, our broad range of labor relations experience is instrumental in helping clients achieve their goals. Our attorneys frequently counsel both union and non-union clients on compliance with the NLRA, and also regularly speak on hot topics in this often-changing area of law. A key component of our work in connection with union avoidance involves training supervisors and other managers on the do’s and don’ts under the NLRA. Over the years, our team has earned the respect of union counsel and neutrals alike, and we are regarded as highly competent, courteous and responsive professionals in the field.
Dedicated labor relations legal advice across all industries
Our attorneys have versatility and a breadth of experience in addition to a firm grounding in the fundamentals of labor management relations. We assist employers in a host of industries with union-avoidance work, including in non-manufacturing settings such as financial services, the hospitality industry and health care services. Where necessary, we have successfully defended federal court litigation initiated by unions, their trust funds or unionized employees, and related NLRA proceedings—and helped our clients remain non-union. As unions have refined their organizing focus and tactics to include corporate campaigns, we have acquired extensive experience in that area as well.
- Training on how to avoid unionization, how to avoid unfair labor practices and how to effectively bargain.
- Advising clients on union organizing campaigns and assisting with union petitions and elections.
- Bargaining of agreements, including as lead negotiator and behind the scenes.
- Counseling employers on compliance with the NLRA.
- Advising on withdrawal liability.
- Representing employers before the National Labor Relations Board, in federal and state courts and before arbitrators.
Assisting management in labor disputes, including strikes, picketing, boycotts and work slowdowns.
- We helped a multistate employer extricate itself from a longstanding dispute with a union coalition that included a corporate campaign directed against the employer’s international corporate family.
News & Insights
- News Release
- News Release