Making the Transition
It’s tough to start a new job, no matter how well you like the people and the new company. With that in mind, we try to make the transition as easy as possible for you. After talking to many of our lateral attorneys about their experience of joining a new firm, we designed an extensive orientation and integration program to make that experience a better one. Our program includes:
- A first-day orientation to help you learn the nuts & bolts of Quarles & Brady.
- A mentor to answer any questions and introduce you to other lawyers around the firm.
- A series of meetings with firm committee members to discuss such topics as:
- Compensation system
- Initiating new matters
- Pro bono service opportunities
- Diversity and inclusion goals and activities
- Client development
- Training programs and progression to partnership or equity partnership
The entire integration program unfolds over a period of three to six months, and the variety of people you meet during this program, and the information you learn, should get you off to a terrific and effective start at Quarles & Brady.