Cassidy Jones is a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group, representing clients in a variety of business sectors. Her practice focuses on franchise and distribution, contract, employment, intellectual property, financial services, and regulatory compliance matters. Cassidy's franchise and distribution practice involves representation of franchisors in litigation involving issues of unpaid or underreported royalties, fraud, systems standards, trademark and trade dress infringement, and enforcement of restrictive covenants and other post-termination rights. In addition, Cassidy represents clients in a wide range of commercial matters, including business torts, employment disputes, unfair trade practices, real estate issues, and unfair lending and consumer claims. She has appellate experience throughout Florida and in the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Cassidy has also conducted extensive internal investigations for global companies involving compliance and regulatory violations and employee misconduct.
Her recent experience includes the following:
- Representation of an international restaurant franchisor in constructive termination, unfair trade practices, and civil conspiracy claims resulting in a complete summary judgment in favor of the client.
- Representation of a vehicle data distribution client in parallel litigation and arbitration proceedings to enforce restrictive covenants and royalty obligations resulting in multi-million dollar judgments against former franchisee, its owner, and a key employee.
- Representation of franchisors in a variety of systems on termination issues and related enforcement of the franchisor's trademarks, restrictive covenants, and other post-termination rights.
- Representation of Fortune 500 company in multi-million dollar royalty dispute related to assignment of medical device.
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Florida Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida (B.S., summa cum laude, 2007)
- Major: Journalism
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida