Claunick is a litigation attorney with a practice focused on representing businesses and individuals in federal and state courts, as well as administrative agencies, on a wide-range of complex commercial litigation matters. He has assisted clients with a practical and assertive approach at all stages of litigation, from drafting pleadings and motions to discovery and settlement negotiations to conducting trials—attaining several notable decisions. Outside of the court room, Claunick has participated in numerous legal panels as both an invited speaker and moderator. He also has experience directing and facilitating programming and presentations for diverse groups and organizations.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Claunick was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. Tanya Walton Pratt, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana. As a Judicial Law Clerk, he has experience drafting judicial orders, entries, and memoranda for a wide array of federal claims and litigation matters. Claunick also has conducted extensive research, writing, and analysis on federal law and constitutional questions. Before his clerkship, he was a supervising attorney managing teams of attorneys and was awarded a fellowship with the Center for Court Innovation in New York City. He has also previously served as a Legal Extern in a congressional office in Washington, DC.
Admitted in New York.
Education and Honors
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Gold Level Public Service Award
- Hofstra Law Moot Court Board, senior executive board member
- Hofstra Law Mock Trial Advocacy Association, Black Law Students Association Team
- Hofstra Law Intramural Moot Court Competition, quarterfinalist
- Morehouse College (2012)
- Student Government Association, senator
- Otis Moss Jr. Oratorical Competition Honoree
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York