Diversity & Inclusion
We continually strive to create an atmosphere where staff and attorneys embrace the different experiences and perspectives brought to the table. The diversity of our people allows us to better understand—and better serve—our clients. Below is a brief summary of Quarles & Brady's diversity and inclusion efforts. For more information, please visit our Diversity & Inclusion section.Visit Diversity & Inclusion Section
Recognizing the legal profession has traditionally been underrepresented by minorities and women, Quarles & Brady has developed robust policies and programs to recruit, train, and support diverse and women attorneys, so every member of the Quarles & Brady team can fully realize their potential and enjoy successful careers. The firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts include:
- Firmwide Committee. Quarles & Brady’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee is comprised of representatives from each of our offices and includes partners, associates, and administrators, as well as members of the firm’s Executive Committee. Managing Partner Michael Aldana co-chairs the committee with Steven Hunter and Emily Feinstein.
- The committee has brought forth the request to formalize policies around the meaningful inclusion of women and minorities in Requests For Proposals and resulting new matters. The request was adopted by the Executive Committee and tactics are in place to monitor and measure inclusion.
Quarles & Brady Women's Forum Event - The Future is Female (2019)
- Local Councils. There is a Diversity Council in each office, comprised of local administration and staff. The Diversity Council educates employees on diversity and inclusion matters, and regularly sponsors guest speakers on a variety of subjects such as autism, transgender issues, challenges related to the deaf and hard of hearing, and other salient topics.
- Business Resource Groups. The firm also sponsors Business Resource Groups for its women and diverse attorneys, in order to create internal networks to assist with business development and foster an increased sense of community and camaraderie in the workplace.
- Recruiting Policies. We actively recruit diverse and women candidates, and encourage the development of LGBTQ, minority, women, veteran, and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses in all of our communities through the firm’s Supplier Diversity Program.
- National Organizations. Quarles & Brady is involved with many local and national organizations that support diversity and inclusion.
Our firm has been recognized with numerous awards for our efforts, including:
For More Information
For further detail regarding our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, please contact Darlene Austin, our Director of Diversity, Employee Relations & Corporate Social Responsibility at (414) 277-5228 / [email protected].