Darrell Husband is a real estate, business law and finance attorney with Quarles & Brady LLP.
Darrell's practice is diverse in that he frequently advises and represents clients in a wide variety of sophisticated finance, real estate and business transactions. With a business background in real estate sales and mortgage lending, Darrell has over 18 years of experience advising and negotiating on behalf of his clients to successfully close deals in a manner which achieves the client's goals in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Darrell is a Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA) and routinely represents financial institutions, national and regional banks, private lenders, private equity funds, real estate investment trusts (REITs), builders, contractors, developers, small business owners and investors in sophisticated commercial transactions throughout the country including the following:
- Commercial real estate transactions including purchases, sales, leases, construction and development of various types of real estate projects including branded hotels, student housing projects, multi-family developments, master-planned communities, retail, office, industrial, mixed-use projects (including portfolio transactions with multiple locations throughout the country), medical and healthcare developments including assisted-living facilities.
- Single-lender and multi-lender syndicated commercial loans and credit facilities including commercial construction loans, term loans, leasehold financing, franchise finance transactions, asset-based lending, secured revolving lines of credit secured by multiple properties in various states, private equity transactions, participations and mezzanine loans.
- Special asset and commercial loan workout transactions including modifications, loan restructuring and forbearance arrangements.
- Corporate transactions including new entity formations, capital formation deals, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Represented national bank as administrative agent in connection with a $75MM syndicated commercial construction and redevelopment financing secured by a dual-branded hotel property on a fractionalized ground lease site near Los Angeles International Airport.
- Represented national bank as a participant in a $250MM revolving credit facility funded to a publicly-traded securities firm.
- Represented a national student housing developer in the acquisition and assemblage of multiple parcels for a $75MM+ high rise student housing project.
- Represented a large medical practice in a $50MM+ asset sale transaction which involved the assignment, transfer and transition of 25 leased locations.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in the sale and disposition of a portfolio of 15 single-tenant restaurant sites situated in ten different states.
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2018)
- Pepperdine University (J.D., 2002)
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship & Technology Law
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (B.S., 1995)
- Supreme Court of Arizona, 2003
- Supreme Court of California, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
Professional and Civic Activities
- Fellow in the American College of Mortgage Attorneys (ACMA)
- Executive Advisory Board Member for the Johnson Family's Mission 31 Foundation
- Member of Urban Land Institute and ULI Next Leadership Network
- Member of NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Member of Men's Art Council of the Phoenix Art Museum
- Economic Development Committee of the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona and California, Real Property and Business Law Sections (Member)
- Palmer Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology Law in Malibu, California (Fellow)
- Public Policy Advisory Council for the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce (Former Member)
- Executive Council of the Securities Regulation Section of the State Bar of Arizona (Former Member)