David Muth is the chair of the firm's Real Estate and Construction Litigation Group. He has substantial experience in lender workout claims; real estate disputes, construction defect claims, and insurance coverage litigation. His recent experience includes:
- Assisting various national lending institutions in obtaining the appointment of a receiver and assignment of rents while ultimately obtaining title for the lender of its collateral in a multimillion-dollar commercial dispute.
- Assisting a manufacturing company in a lease dispute to obtain judicial declaration of its rights to enforce an option to purchase.
- Assisting various national lending institutions in resolving a condemnation dispute of their collateral.
- Representing automotive company in a commercial lease dispute where government ordered client's leasehold razed due to landlord's failure to maintain property.
- Representation of a client involving insurance and scope of repair issues for a defective concrete floor of an approximately 200,000-square-foot warehouse structure.
- Assisting contractors, owners, and developers in resolving construction liens and theft-by-contractor claims.
- Representation of client through jury trial involving professional negligence claims on the sale of purchase of a daycare center.
- Representation of a client involving employee misconduct/misrepresentation claims involving more than 10 consolidated appeals on the issue and scope of applicable insurance.
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- Order of the Coif
- Phi Alpha Delta (Justice)
- Wisconsin Environmental Law Journal (Articles Editor)
- Marquette University (B.A., cum laude, 1993)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1996
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Waukesha Bar Association (Member)
- Board of Directors (2017-present)
- United Way Emerging Leaders Council (2006–2014; Co-chair, 2009–2012)
- United Way Leadership Division Co-Chair (2015-present)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee (2010–2017; Secretary, 2013–2017)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars (Business Litigation)