Debra Topping is an Advanced Certified Paralegal in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group at Quarles & Brady who has more than 30 years of legal experience, including seven years as a litigation paralegal. Originally from New York, Debra began her career as a legal secretary at a national law firm where she worked for over 25 years in various areas of law. After relocating to Naples, Florida in 2007, she earned the Certified Paralegal designation from the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) in 2009 following multiple day examinations in the subjects of: Communications, Ethics, Judgment and Analytical Ability, Legal Research, and Substantive Law. She earned the Advanced Certified Paralegal designation in several areas, after complying with further rigorous education and examination requirements of NALA in Discovery in 2010, Trial Practice in 2011, and E-Discovery in 2014.
Debra has prepared for and attended trials at both Federal and State court levels, assisting with all aspects of preparing a case for trial from the initial factual investigation through trial. Debra provides assistance with analyzing documents, coordinating large scale document productions, logistics, expert witness selection, witness coordination, management of trial exhibits, jury selection, and running case management software at trial.
Education and Honors
- State University of New York (A.A.S., 1980)
- Degree: Legal Secretarial Science
- Dean's List
- National Business Honor Society (Member)
Professional and Civic Activities
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- Florida Notary Public
- Quincy Square at Madison Park Condominium Association, Inc. (Board President, 2013-2016)
- NALA Certified Paralegal (2009)
- Advanced Certified Paralegal/Discovery (2010)
- Advanced Certified Paralegal/Trial Practice (2011)
- Advanced Certified Paralegal/E-Discovery (2014)