Diane M. Haller is a real estate lawyer and partner with Quarles & Brady LLP. Diane focuses her practice on highly complex transactions, land development deals, and portfolio transactions.
Diane's clients include pension funds, public and private companies, national and local developers and homebuilders, and investors. Her work for these clients includes advising on all aspects of development; financing as borrower; acquisition, disposition, sale and leasing of office and commercial properties, master planned communities, mixed-use developments, and redevelopment projects.
Representative matters include:
- Ongoing representation of a significant pension fund in connection with acquisition, management, disposition, and financing as borrower of large commercial properties. Two recent matters included complex loans for an aggregate of 1.5 million square feet of office and retail space and related parking facilities.
- Representing Catellus Development Corporation in connection with the masterplanning of 330 acres of prime urban land into a future-forward redevelopment located in Tempe, Arizona, and associated redevelopment and disposition of land by long term ground leases through a public private partnership.
- Represented Phillips 66 Company, a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company, in connection with portfolio transactions for acquisition, disposition, and associated structured financing relating to retail gasoline stations and associated fuel supply agreements.
- Representing JEN Partners, a private equity firm, in the acquisition, disposition, and development of residential master planned communities, and the financing of JEN Partners' landbanking operations.
- Representing developers, institutional organizations, and corporate users in negotiating incentive agreements and grant agreements with municipalities and other government agencies.
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Notre Dame Law School (J.D., cum laude, 1986)
- University of Utah (B.S., magna cum laude, 1983)
Professional and Civic Activities
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (Member)
- Phoenix Community Alliance (Chair of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee)
- Downtown Phoenix, Inc. (Member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee)
- Valley Partnership (Former Member of Board of Directors)
- Habitat for Humanity, Central Arizona (Former Member of Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Advisory Council)
- Arthritis Foundation, Greater Southwest Chapter (Former Member of Board of Directors)
- Arizona Leadership 2000 (Member, Class of 1996)
- Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona by AZ Business Magazine, 2016, 2017, 2021
- Outstanding Women in Business, by Phoenix Business Journal, 2015
- "Lawyer of the Year" for Phoenix Real Estate Law by Best Lawyers®, 2015, 2018
- Arizona’s Top Lawyers list by AZ Business Magazine, Real Estate, 2014
- 50 Most Influential Women in Arizona Business by AZ Business Magazine, 2014
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Real Estate, 2007-present
- Top 25: Women Southwest Super Lawyers, 2020, 2021
- Top 50: Southwest Super Lawyers, 2020, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2005-present
- Chambers USA®, Real Estate, 2004-present
- 2002 Recipient of Spirit of Philanthropy Award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals (for work on behalf of Habitat for Humanity)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers® 2022 Phoenix Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year"