Elizabeth Trachtman concentrates her practice in general commercial counseling and litigation with an emphasis on disputes related to restrictive covenants, trade secrets, and commercial contracts.
She frequently advises businesses regarding the drafting of non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements to ensure enforceability and consistency for local and multi-state employers, including compliance with recent changes in law related to the enforceability of restrictive covenants. She also assists clients with evaluating the risk of competitive hires and best practices to avoid litigation and comply with applicable restrictive covenants.
Elizabeth has significant experience in the medical device industry, acting as national counsel for a medical device manufacturer in connection with non-competition and trade secret litigation. She further focuses her practice on disputes, both pre-suit and litigation, related to distribution agreements and general commercial contracts.
Elizabeth is dedicated to working with clients to understand their business objectives, provide practical solutions, and manage risk in connection with their workforce and distribution partners. She particularly enjoys helping clients navigate the litigation process, and has significant experience with complex e-discovery, forensic examinations and other technology-based litigation tools.
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., 2010)
- Indiana University – Bloomington (B.A., 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Professional and Civic Activities
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana
- board of directors, 2018-present
- Trial Tactics Section, chair, 2016-2017
- Indianapolis Bar Association, member
- Sagamore Inn of Court, member
- The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2021, 2022, 2023, Commercial Litigation)
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation – 2019 Distinguished Fellow
- 2017 Outstanding Young Lawyer (Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana)
- Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Business Lit, 2016-2020