Emily Plakon is an attorney whose practice focuses on general commercial litigation matters for clients in a variety of industries and business sectors.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Emily worked as a criminal defense and medical malpractice paralegal where she assisted with trial preparation and managed complex cases. During law school, Emily served as liaison for the Judicial Externship Program at Stetson University College of Law and as an extern for the Honorable Mary Scriven and the Honorable Anthony Porcelli in the Middle District of Florida, Tampa. Additionally, Emily worked as a Teaching Assistant for Research and Writing I while serving as both the Alumni Relations Chairperson and an Articles & Symposia Editor for the Stetson Law Review.
Education and Honors
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2020)
- Stetson Law Review (Articles & Symposia Editor and Alumni Relations Chair)
- Florida State University (B.S., 2016)
- Major: Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Federal Bar Association (Member)
- Smith Inn of Court (Member)