Emily Stedman is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group. She represents and counsels clients in general commercial matters, as well as financial services and bankruptcy matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Emily served as a judicial clerk for Judge Pamela Pepper in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Prior to attending law school, Emily served as a corps member of Teach for America in Phoenix, Arizona.
Her recent experience includes:
- Representing creditors in Chapter 7, 13, and 11 proceedings.
- Assisting lenders and servicers with residential foreclosures and other collection activities.
- Representing creditors in relief from stay and claim negotiations, adversary litigation, and other bankruptcy matters.
- Defending clients in litigation under federal and state debt-collection claims.
Education and Honors
- University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Mississippi Law Journal (Editor-in-Chief)
- Wake Forest University (B.A., cum laude, 2008)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Professional and Civic Activities
- The American Lawyer's Inaugural Young Lawyers Editorial Board (Member: 2017–present)
- Milwaukee Debate League (Board of Directors)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Young Lawyers Division (Secretary: August 2017–Present; Board Member: August 2015–August 2017)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association (Member)
- Membership Committee (Member)
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association (Member)
- Association of Women Lawyers (Member)
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society (2016)