Health & Safety
We help you comply with and maximize opportunities presented by the complex web of environmental, health and safety regulations. From issue-specific analyses to design and implementation of comprehensive EH&S management systems, our lawyers work with client resources to meet compliance and operational objectives and, where necessary, to defend actions brought for enforcement purposes.
Our experience includes the following:
- Advising clients on a wide range of OSHA compliance matters, including the Hazard Communication Program, process safety management, lockout tag-out, blood borne pathogens, respirator programs, hex chrome exposures, employee noise exposure, ergonomics, and general injury reporting and recordkeeping obligations.
- Undertaking comprehensive evaluations of client Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures and participating in internal audits of individual departments and facilities.
- Representing clients before both federal and state OSHA agencies at formal and informal conferences and hearings, and defending enforcement actions.
- Representing clients in front of the OSHA Review Commission and appealed OSHA Review Commission decisions to the circuit courts of appeal.
- Providing immediate advice to a client while an inspector was on-site at the client’s facility; preparing a regulatory analysis of issues identified; and submitting a rebuttal which prompted OSHA to drop the citation.