Eric Van Schyndle is a member of the firm's Litigation & Dispute Resolution group. Eric assists clients with a variety of litigation matters, including disputes involving contract breaches, construction defects, land use, collections, fraudulent transfers, and government contracting including bid protests. In each matter, Eric regularly conducts internal investigations to support claims and defenses.
Eric's recent engagements include the following:
- Navigating federal procurement requirements both from a transactional and litigation context.
- Representing private companies in prosecuting and defending bid protests.
- Representing governmental entities in administering bid protests.
- Representing owners and contractors in construction defect disputes.
- Real estate disputes - including riparian rights determinations.
- Lien and bond claims including under the Miller Act and Little Miller Acts.
- Disputing Chapter 128 receivership proceedings.
Eric is also a member of the firm's Government Affairs Compliance team, which assists corporations with respect to lobbying, campaign finance, ethics, procurement, and anti-corruption matters at the federal level and in all 50 states.
- This includes representing corporations with government affairs and political law compliance issues – as national and regional counsel – for matters including lobbying registration and reporting, political outreach planning, independent expenditures, procurement lobbying and "pay-to-play" compliance, choice of form (PACs, conduits, 501(c)(4)s, and section 527 entities), public records disclosure, statements of economic interest, government contract compliance, internal audits and assessments, and enforcement actions.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Eric volunteered for the Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee in the areas of elder law and consumer law. Prior to attending law school, Eric worked for the United States House of Representatives Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, where he took part in drafting and implementing SAFETEA-LU.
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009)
- Maynard Pirsig Moot Court (Student Director)
- Misdemeanor Prosecution Clinic
- Marquette University (B.A., 2002)
- Majors: Criminology and Political Science
- Criminology and Law Society (Executive Vice President)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2010
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee (Volunteer Attorney, 2009)
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association (Member)
- U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure (Legislative Assistant, 2004–2006; Staff Assistant, 2002–2004)
- Milwaukee County District Attorney (Intern, 2001)
- U.S. Senate (Intern, 2001)
- U.S. Marshals Service (Intern, 2001)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2015-2017)