A few examples of our ERISA litigation experience include
- Representing employers and third-party administrators in claims relating to their denial of short- and long-term disability benefits.
- Defending class claims involving pension benefits.
- Defense against class action claims asserting violation of ERISA’s anti-forfeiture rules in connection with severance and retirement benefits.
- Representing employers in cases validating their rights to set off worker’s compensation payments against pension payments.
- Defending rights of plan sponsors to discontinue disability benefits in pension plans.
- Defending plan administrators’ decisions regarding the benefits implications of plant closings.
- Representing employers in challenges to multi-employer plan withdrawal liability assessments.
- Representing employers challenging multi-employer plan audit findings that additional contributions are required, including claims about post-contract expiration obligations, alter ego claims, and disputes over proper employee classification.
- Defending against claims alleging prohibited transactions.
- Representing fiduciaries in retiree health benefit class actions.
- Defending an actuarial firm against actuarial malpractice claims.