Ethan B. Schwenker is a real estate attorney and associate with Quarles & Brady LLP. He represents purchasers, sellers, developers, borrowers, landlords and tenants on real estate matters including equity raising, acquisitions, dispositions, debt financing and commercial leasing.
Ethan's experience includes negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements, leases, easements, and development agreements. His practice also includes the negotiating and drafting of term sheets, PPMs, and operating agreements for single purpose and fund-level real estate investments.
Ethan's recent experience includes:
- Represented the seller in the sale of a $500 million Class A office portfolio;
- Represented the purchaser in the acquisition of a $100 million skilled nursing facility portfolio;
- Represented the developer in the acquisition and financing of a $50 million multifamily housing development.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Certificate of Real Estate Law Concentration
- Moot Court Board: Competitor (Securities Law, 2013), Coach (Tax Law, 2014)
- Dean's Academic Achievement Award (2015)
- Wisconsin School of Business (M.B.A., 2014)
- Specialization in Real Estate, Graaskamp Center for Real Estate
- Applied Real Estate Investment Trust (AREIT) Member
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (B.A., 2008)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Habitat for Humanity (Volunteer, 2010 – present)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (East Asian Legal Studies Tutor)
- Madison Area Community Land Trust (Board Member, 2015 – present)