Complex ADA Issues in the Workplace
Got the ADA basics down and ready to tackle the graduate level course on the complex ADA issues that trip up even the best of HR and legal professionals? Gary Clark and Will Walden will tackle complex ADA issues, such as:
- Mental illness accommodations in the workplace
- The intersection between the ADA and workplace violence threats
- Medical marijuana, opioid and prescription drug use in the workplace
- Navigating a direct threat to health and safety decision
- Fitness for duty tests and examinations
- Managing employees on extended leaves after FMLA has expired
- Identifying accommodations that previously were per se unreasonable, but now must be considered
Please join Gary and Will as they cover these and other tough ADA issues in the workplace.
Who Should Attend:
This training is designed for in-house counsel, executives, HR professionals, compliance officers, and hiring managers. Quarles & Brady reserves the right to limit or restrict attendance to the program.
We will apply for 1.0 hours of continuing legal education credit in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Virginia, and Wisconsin. We will issue a Certificate of Attendance to Arizona attendees as the State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. We will issue a Certificate of Attendance to District of Columbia attendees as the District of Columbia Bar does not have a Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement.
If you are a member of another jurisdiction that does not honor CLE credit from AZ, DC, FL, IL, IN, MN, VA, or WI, we will be happy to provide the materials needed in order for you to apply for CLE credit. Please contact Jennifer Michalski, Quarles & Brady's CLE Coordinator at [email protected].
A certificate of attendance will be provided for HR professionals who self-report continuing education.