Counseling Your Board of Directors and Officers on Cyber Security and Data Breach Risks
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. (CST) Breakfast
9:00 a.m. (CST) Program
Security and data breach issues pose huge financial and reputational risks to your company. Data security is a business issue that goes beyond the IT department. Join us for an overview of breach-response preparation and response imperatives.
General counsels, compliance officers, and chief audit executives will obtain guidance on how to educate and advise boards of directors and CEOs on cyber security risks and liability issues that will inspire them to care about these issues. Presenters will cover:
- the correlation between a company’s business and technology decisions and its risk profile;
- understanding a company’s level of preparedness and the protocols in place;
- critical elements that determine the ability to respond to a breach and the importance of having a response team in place;
- phases of a cyber-investigation,including identification, containment, recovery, and lessons learned;
- highlights of the significant costs associated with a breach and necessary solution providers who can speed up recovery efforts; and
- the evolving insurance market, typical coverage, and new products being offered.
A roundtable discussion will follow the one-hour presentation.
Who Should Attend?
Session is for in-house counsel and other interested executives.
Registrations should be received by Friday, January 16, 2015.
We will apply for one hour of continuing legal education credit in IL, IN, and WI.
If you are member of another jurisdiction that does not honor CLE credit from IL, IN, or WI, we can provide materials needed to apply for CLE credit. Please contact CLE Coordinator Donna Key at [email protected].
Please contact Shannon Resnick at (312) 715-5065 or [email protected].