Waiting for King v. Burwell: Get Knowledgeable and Prepare
Program Overview: MedAssist and insurance and health law experts from Quarles & Brady LLP will give you the facts about the case, explain the key legal issues in plain English, and outline the possible consequences of a Supreme Court ruling striking down the federal subsidies in the 34 states that do not operate their own Exchanges.
The presentation will focus on the real-world impacts of King v. Burwell for providers, employers, and health insurance companies and address forward-looking questions, including these:
- How can providers cope with the potential that patients will lose their insurance coverage?
- Which insureds will still be eligible for federal subsidies?
- What can health plans do when insureds cannot pay the full premium for the plans in which they are enrolled?
- How will the ruling affect penalties on employers under the employer shared responsibility mandate?
- What legislative and regulatory fixes might be available to rework the federal exchange and states interaction with the federal exchange to save the subsidies?
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CT
Questions? Please contact Sheri Kotas at (414) 277-5402 or [email protected].