Gabriel Hartsell represents creditors in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 filings, as well as pursuing their claims against debtors in those matters. He routinely advises financial institutions, creditors, debt servicers, and a variety of corporate clients on a diverse array of commercial and contractual disputes. He has served as general counsel for a chamber of commerce, advising the board and executive committee regarding a range of issues, such as the impacts of public records laws on the organization, as well as its private-public governance structure and handling of public funds. His experience includes drafting and negotiating forbearance agreements, subordination agreements, loan modification agreements, corporate and personal guarantees, a mix of employment agreements and corporate formation and restructuring documents, as well as settlement agreements in all types of litigation contexts.
Gabriel’s experience also includes defending clients across the financial services industry throughout Florida and Georgia against class action and individual statutory claims, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), and related state claims, with a primary focus on federal court practice. Gabriel has also successfully litigated appeals through the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and all levels of the state court appellate system.
Education and Honors
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- Florida State University (International Law Certificate Program, magna cum laude, 2010)
- Palm Beach Atlantic University (B.S., magna cum laude)
- Major: Psychology
- Arizona practice temporarily authorized pending admission under Ariz. R. Sup. Ct. 38(h). Supervision by W. Scott Jenkins, Jr., a member of the State Bar of Arizona.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
Professional and Civic Activities
- Jacksonville Bar Association (Member, 2017-2020)
- Jacksonville Federal Bar Association (Member, 2017-2020)
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce (Member, 2017-2020)
- ImpactJax Young Professionals (Member, 2017-2020)
- ImpactJax Service and Giving Committee (Member, 2019-2020)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars Edition (2018-2020: Banking; Business Litigation; Appellate; Creditor Rights and Bankruptcy: Business)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2021, Commercial Litigation)