Garrett Bickford is an attorney in the firm's Intellectual Property Group. Garrett focuses his practice as an attorney on preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications, and conducting analyses regarding patentability and freedom to operate opinions.
Garrett's core technical experience is in the field of mechanical engineering. Prior to his career as an attorney, Garrett worked as an engineer at Weir Minerals North America in the area of centrifugal slurry pumps. During his time there, he focused on developing field assembly manuals for a new line of pumps, designing manufacturing fixtures, and creating a comprehensive pump impeller balance program.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Marquette Law Review, Comment Editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Trademarks & Unfair Competition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Constitutional Criminal Procedure
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.S., 2014)
- Degree: Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2017