Gerardo Julian Delgado is an attorney in the firm's Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Practice Group. He focuses his practice on advising clients in the electric, natural gas, water, and wastewater industries.
Gerardo has extensive experience with state regulatory matters, including traditional and performance-based rate cases, retail electric and gas supplier certification and compliance, and administrative rulemaking proceedings. He is also well-versed in matters related to regional transmission organizations (RTOs) and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Before joining the firm, Gerardo served as a Legal and Policy Advisor at the Illinois Commerce Commission, where he worked on complex regulatory matters and the implementation of state policy initiatives addressing energy efficiency, distributed energy resources (DER), and cloud computing. During his tenure, he participated in committees and working groups with the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC) and the Organization of MISO States (OMS) that focused on DER, critical infrastructure, transmission seams, and supplier and workforce diversity.
Gerardo has written articles and spoken at multiple forums on the latest issues and trends impacting the electric, natural gas, water, and wastewater industries. Such opportunities included presenting on transportation electrification as a guest lecturer at the University of Illinois Chicago's (UIC) graduate course, Sustainability Mobility, and 5G and infrastructure optimization as a panelist at the Energy Thought Summit (ETS). Gerardo is passionate about growing diversity and inclusion in the utility industry, and was awarded Negocios Now's 40 under 40, Champion for Latinos in Energy, for his commitment to making an impact.
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
Education and Honors
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 2014)
- Dean's List
- Alfred Maleson Community Award
- University of Illinois (B.A., 2004)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Advanced Energy Group (Advisory Board Member)
- Hispanics in Energy (Chair, Illinois Energy Policy Summit)
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association (Energy, Utilities, and Telecommunications Section Council, Member; Assembly, Elected Member)
- Lawyers in the Classroom (Volunteer and Classroom Instructor)
- Chicago Latino Caucus Foundation Leadership Academy Fellow (2019-2020)
- Negocios Now's 40 Under 40 (2017)