Geri Canacakos has been a Litigation paralegal with the Firm for over 18 years. Her experience includes:
- Serving as lead paralegal on a number of complex litigation matters in which her responsibilities included: case management and file organization; maintaining and organizing produced documents; drafting discovery, correspondence and pleadings; assisting with filing and e-filing pleadings in Superior and District Court; maintaining electronic databases containing deposition transcripts and documents; initial review of documents for production and privilege; preparing and maintaining privilege logs; assisting with deposition preparation; researching individuals as well as companies; locating expert witnesses; and proofing, cite checking and shepardizing pleadings.
- Attending client and witness interviews and preparing summaries for use throughout the case.
- Assisting attorneys in trials, mediations and arbitrations in which she was responsible for drafting and finalizing the initial list of trial exhibits; maintaining, organizing and marking trial exhibits; preparing trial subpoenas; locating and contacting trial witnesses; maintaining and organizing demonstrative exhibits; preparing jury notebooks; preparing trial notebooks; maintaining electronic database of trial exhibits and deposition testimony for use at trial as well as attending trial.
- Assisting the Health Law attorneys with many of the above referenced responsibilities as well as researching healthcare statutes and laws.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Maricopa County Bar Association, Paralegal Division; the Firm's Arizona ECF Protocol Committee; the Firm's Healthcare Client Services Team
- Paralegal Certificate, Arizona State University, 1988; William Flannery Institute for Healthcare Client Services, three-day training session