Health Care Transactions
The Quarles & Brady Health Care Transactions Team represents hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery systems, physician groups, pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, medical device manufacturers, and skilled nursing facilities in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures. We help our clients achieve their business goals while mitigating risk and maintaining compliance with state and federal rules and regulations, including state and federal licensure, the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and the False Claims Act.
Our transactional experience includes:
- Advising clients on regulatory compliance and government approvals
- The purchase and sale of pharmacy entities, including national retail pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, compounding pharmacies, institutional pharmacies, veterinary pharmacies, long-term care pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, prescription drug discount card providers, pharmacy wholesalers, and third party logistics providers
- Health care facility transactions, including hospitals, health systems, assisted living and other long-term care facilities, skilled nursing facilities, hospice facilities, and physician practices
- Transactions related to dental practices, behavioral health facilities, ambulatory surgical centers, and therapy and rehabilitation facilities
- The purchase and sale of laboratory and medical device and technology entities, including application and cloud based technology services
- Health care real estate transactions
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- The reorganization of health care systems
- The formation of integrated health systems
- Payor acquisitions and consolidations
- Private equity transactions
- Capital raises and other investment transactions
- Taxable and exempt bond transactions
- Structuring and documenting lines of credit and loans for health care entities and practices
- Formations and general contracting, including managed care, employment, intellectual property (IP), information technology (IT), distribution, and management.
Our attorneys approach transactions as a business partner and are committed to understanding our clients' legal and business strategies, and have attorneys from multiple practice groups who can be brought into a deal when appropriate, including labor and employment, intellectual property, real estate, employee benefits, and tax. We help clients analyze their business objectives, set them in the context of market, economic and regulatory forces, and develop strategies that increase the ultimate effectiveness of a deal.