Ilene Slate is a senior real estate attorney with Quarles & Brady. Ilene focuses her practice primarily on commercial leasing and the acquisition, disposition and development of commercial real estate. She represents landlords and tenants, and some of the largest institutional owners, asset managers, investors and developers throughout the United States. Ilene provides representation on a wide variety of commercial real estate matters related to office, retail and mixed use properties.
Ilene's representative matters include:
- Ongoing representation of a significant institutional real estate investor in connection with the retail leasing and management of a 500,000 square foot shopping center in the Southeastern United States, which includes over 70 retail tenants.
- Lead development and transactional counsel for an investment firm in connection with the re-development of property located in Scottsdale, Arizona for a mixed use development, including hotel, residential and upgraded retail.
- Ongoing representation of a national restaurant company in connection with its expansion of leased locations across the United States.
- Ongoing representation of real estate investors in connection with office, retail and restaurant leases in Arizona.
- Routinely draft and negotiate significant leases, amendments, and termination agreements on behalf of landlords and tenants.
- Represented numerous real estate investors in connection with the acquisition, development and disposition of mixed use properties in Arizona.
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Journal of International Law and Business (Articles Editor)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., summa cum laude, 1992)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Illinois (Inactive)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Arizona State Bar (Member of Real Property Section)