Iris Figueroa Rosario focuses her practice on franchisors in the hospitality, restaurant, and consumer services sectors. She serves as an experienced business advisor who counsels clients on the full range of transactions that franchisors and franchisees encounter, working with them at every stage of the franchise relationship from negotiations of franchise agreements, to managing default and termination issues.
Iris is a skilled strategist who works to efficiently align the business objectives and legal needs of her clients. She regularly assists them with matters pertaining to franchise, distribution and licensing agreements, IP assets, corporate business transactions, and litigation matters. In addition, she also advises clients on franchise lease agreements, franchise disclosure documents (FDD), and federal trade commission (FTC) compliance issues.
Iris also has extensive litigation experience, having litigated numerous franchise and non-franchise cases around the country in jury and non-jury trials and arbitration proceedings.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Iris worked in-house for major food and hotel franchisors providing franchise and legal advice. She uses this experience in providing practical legal advice to franchisor clients.
Iris has also advised nonprofit entities and was lead counsel on the sale of the Executive Women's Golf Association to the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA).
Iris's family is from Puerto Rico, and she is fluent in Spanish having lived on the island. In her spare time, she enjoys golfing, cycling, and gardening.
Education and Honors
- American University Washington College of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Journal of Gender and the Law, line editor
- State University of New York at Fredonia (B.A., cum laude)
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
- Washington D.C.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, member
- ABA Forum on Franchising, Diversity Committee, member
- LPGA Amateurs, member
- Women's Bar Association of DC, member
- Hispanic Bar Association of DC, member
- Executive Women's Golf Association, national board member and secretary,
- Hogar Immigrant Services of Catholic Charities, volunteer attorney, 2017, 2018
- Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless, volunteer attorney, 2014-2016
- Washington, DC Super Lawyers®, 2017-2019
- Franchise Times, Legal Eagle, 2019