Isaac Gabriel is the national chair of Quarles & Brady's Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditor's Rights Practice Group and focuses his practice on bankruptcy, creditor's rights litigation, and commercial litigation. Isaac's practice also includes:
- Representing numerous national lending institutions and special servicers in complex commercial Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases throughout the United States.
- Representing commercial equipment lenders and lessors in substantial business reorganization cases throughout the United States.
- Representing numerous national banking institutions and other commercial lenders in connection with pre-bankruptcy loan restructurings, state court litigation, receivership actions, and foreclosures in connection with commercial loans in aggregate value exceeding $1 billion.
- Acting as trustee and instituting foreclosure and collection actions on a $56 million commercial real estate retail project.
- Representation of numerous national banking institutions in connection with assets/loans acquired from failed banks via the FDIC, and with all related enforcement and workout strategies.
- Representation of major national lender in negligent misrepresentation litigation against officers and directors of publicly traded company.
- Prosecution and defense of preference and fraudulent transfer claims on behalf of national lending institutions in state and federal courts, and as special counsel for bankruptcy trustees.
- Achieved successful state court trial verdict for breach of fiduciary duty and quiet title action, obtaining seven figure award and punitive damages against the defendants.
- Assisting lending institutions/banks in connection with workouts and strategies in all aspects of creditor's rights litigation and enforcement.
- Representing local and national clients in complex contract disputes, as well as their successful negotiation and settlement of same.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management, Certificate, Quarles & Brady Leadership Program (2016)
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2002)
- Order of the Coif; Pedrick Scholar; Armstrong Award
- William C. Canby Appellate Advocacy Competition (Winner)
- Arizona State National Moot Court Team
- Arizona State Law Journal (Staff Writer, Fall 2000)
- University of Arizona (B.A., with honors, 1998)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 2002
Professional and Civic Activities
- Pro Bono Attorney, Arizona Justice Project, handling habeas corpus and post-convictions proceedings for potential wrongful convicted prisoners (2007–present)
- Arizona State University Art Museum, Advisory Board Member (2009–2012)
- Turnaround Management Association (Member)
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Capitol Elementary School (Volunteer, 2002–present)
- Arthritis Foundation's Oscar Night America (Board Member, 2006)
- Volunteer Lawyers Program (Volunteer Pro-Bono Lawyer)
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers® lists (2012–2014, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights; 2015-present, Bankruptcy: Business)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2018–present: Litigation - Bankruptcy)