Jacqueline Vidmar is a member of the firm's Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Practice Group. She represents companies in a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, gas, electric, transportation (rail and pipeline), and real estate. Ms. Vidmar has been in practice for over 30 years.
In the environmental area, she advises clients on a wide range of environmental issues, including enforcement defense and litigation; rulemakings and other administrative proceedings; redevelopment of contaminated properties; Superfund (CERCLA) investigations, remediation, and cost-recovery; complex permitting; environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions; environmental inspections and audits; and hazardous substance and waste management, including hazardous substance releases. She also has experience in pipeline safety and regulation. She handles matters before federal and state courts, as well as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA), and the Illinois Pollution Control Board (IPCB).
In the energy area, Ms. Vidmar represents clients on a variety of regulatory issues before administrative agencies, including the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC). These matters include representation of alternative retail electric suppliers (ARES) in matters involving alleged non-conforming marketing practices.
- Counseling gas and electric companies in air, water, and natural resources permitting and compliance matters
- Numerous matters for a railroad client, including a Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) citizen suit, state enforcement proceedings, cost-recovery, and remediation matters
- Representing a steel manufacturer in proceedings before the ICC regarding jurisdiction and pipeline safety regulation
- Defending numerous administrative enforcement actions before state and federal administrative bodies, including the application of Clean Air Act (CAA) regulations to a client's large manufacturing operations
- Assisting a natural gas utility in an enforcement action involving a client's underground drilling and its effect on "waters of the state"
- Defending a public utility in cost-recovery litigation for historical polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) contamination
- Assisting a gas utility in the investigation, remediation, and redevelopment of former manufactured gas plants (MGPs)
- Purchase and sale of businesses and property involving complex environmental issues, both regulatory and liability-related
- Representing a manufacturing client in the root cause investigation, governmental inquiry, and lawsuit following an on-site explosion at its chemical facility
- Energy, Environment & Natural Resources
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1985)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms (Past Chair and Board Member)
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago (Past Board Member)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Listed in Chambers USA® (Environment: Mainly Transactional)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers® (2005-Present; Environmental)
- Named as an Illinois Leading Lawyer (Environmental, Energy)
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America® (Environmental)
- Listed in Lawdragon Magazine's "New Stars, New Worlds" list of 500 lawyers "carving a path to the new heights of the legal profession" (2015)