Jacqueline Vidmar is a partner in the firm's Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Practice Group. Jacquie counsels clients on environmental issues in transactional and regulatory matters and disputes. She represents companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, gas, electric, transportation (rail and pipeline), and real estate.
Jacquie advises clients on a wide range of environmental issues, including defense of administrative enforcement actions; rulemakings and permitting proceedings; cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties; recovery of cleanup costs; environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions, including ESG disclosures; and waste management, including medical and pharmaceutical waste. She also has experience in pipeline safety and regulation. Jacquie handles matters before federal and state courts, as well as federal and state agencies.
- Handles the environmental due diligence for multiple projects across the United States for a major syndicator of low income housing tax credits, assisting in the management of environmental risk
- Successfully contested the pipeline safety jurisdiction of the Illinois Commerce Commission over certain in-plant pipelines for a large steel company with operations in downstate Illinois
- Assists a major Illinois gas utility in the investigation, remediation, and redevelopment of former manufactured gas plant sites (MGPs)
- Successfully resolved, for a large chemical company, administrative enforcement actions before state and federal administrative bodies for alleged violations of the Clean Air Act
- Provided Clean Air Act guidance in administrative proceedings on a proposed Integrated Resource Plan for a utility based in the Caribbean
- Served as Illinois environmental counsel on state law requirements and processes to private equity clients interested in acquiring energy assets in Illinois
- Energy, Infrastructure & Environment
Education and Honors
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chicago Committee on Minorities in Large Law Firms, past chair and board member
- Asian American Bar Association of Greater Chicago, past board member
- Institute for Applied Management and Law, Inc., Clean Air Act, past instructor
- Lawdragon Magazine's "New Stars, New Worlds" list of 500 lawyers "carving a path to the new heights of the legal profession," 2015
- Illinois Super Lawyers®, Environmental, 2005-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Chambers USA®, Environment: Mainly Transactional
- Illinois Leading Lawyer - Law Bulletin Media, Environmental, Energy
- Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental
- Best Lawyers® 2022 Chicago Environmental Law "Lawyer of the Year"