James J. Gatziolis practiced in the areas of business law, mergers and acquisitions, finance and creditors' rights, tax, and business planning. He was a member of Chicago's Business Law Group. Jim had extensive experience in the representation of closely held businesses and in business and legal affairs. He also had varied experience in the representation of banks and commercial lenders in the origination, documentation, and enforcement of commercial transactions.
- Representation of substantial distributor in the purchase of a manufacturing company of related products.
- Representation of non-U.S. concerns in domestic joint ventures for the operation of marketing and manufacturing enterprises.
- Representation of lender in large regional bankruptcy requiring post-bankruptcy financing and extensive dealings with municipalities and state government.
- Participation in plan for family to restructure family assets and minimize effect of taxes.
- Representation of family office making investments in early stage and entrepreneur managed companies including general representation of acquired companies.
- Representation of "baby boomer" controlled companies planning and making generational transfers of control.
- Representation of Ambulatory Surgical Center Management Company making less than 100% equity acquisitions in Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
- Representation of fundless Private Equity Sponsors in merger and acquisition transactions.
Education and Honors
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 1973)
- University of Illinois (B.S., 1970)
Professional and Civic Activities
- James J. Gatziolis received his Illinois CPA Certificate in 1973
- American and Hellenic Bar Associations (Member)
- Union League Club of Chicago (Member and Past President)
- Union League Boys and Girls Clubs (Member Trustees)
- Hellenic Foundation Board of Directors (Member and Past President)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Leading Lawyers Network member