Jason Curry is a partner in the Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Creditor's Rights Group. He is a former Assistant United States Attorney (AUSA). His practice focuses on all aspects of distressed loan representation, including loan restructurings, bankruptcy reorganizations, creditor’s rights and commercial litigation, and appeals. Jason also represents financial institutions and other lenders in real estate and commercial loan transactions. He has extensive experience representing lenders in workout and restructuring scenarios. Jason's recent experience includes:
- Representing numerous national lending institutions and special servicers in complex commercial Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases throughout the United States.
- Representing national lending institutions in large syndicated loan restructurings.
- Representing national banks and other institutional lenders in real estate loan transactions.
- Representing commercial debtors and committees in bankruptcy restructurings, including SkyMall, LLC and other large businesses.
- Representing DIP lenders in connection with DIP financing proceedings.
- Representing creditors in collections litigation, receivership actions, and foreclosures.
- Prosecution and defense of preference and fraudulent transfer claims on behalf of national lending institutions and as special counsel for bankruptcy trustees.
- As an AUSA, representing the United States in a variety of defensive litigation, including medical malpractice, torts, bankruptcy, water law, and the Administrative Procedure Act appeals.
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Banking & Financial Institutions
Education and Honors
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2008)
- Order of the Coif; Texas Tech Law Review, Vol. 40, Comment Editor; Texas Bank Lawyer, Editorial Board (2007–2008)
- Arizona State University (M.Ed., 2005)
- University of New Mexico (B.S., 1999)
- Federal District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- Young Life of Tempe
- Feed My Starving Children
- Maricopa County Bar Association - Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Risk Management Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Former certified Principal (K-12) and Teacher (K-12)
- Selected for inclusion in Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars (2015–2016: Bankruptcy: Business)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2020: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law)