Mr. Monberg is a member of the firm’s Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Creditor's Rights Group. He has extensive experience representing leasing companies, financial institutions, investors and other secured and unsecured creditors in commercial bankruptcy proceedings and in state court matters, including commercial foreclosures, collections, receiverships, and lender liability cases. He is also experienced in representing leasing companies, financial institutions, investors and creditors in out-of-court loan workouts and other transactional matters.
Jeff also represents clients in a variety of industries in commercial litigation matters, including construction litigation, consumer protection and health care litigation. His clients benefit from his experience with construction litigation matters including construction disputes, mechanics liens and lender liability disputes.
Within his experience with consumer protection litigation, Jeff has experience with the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Truth in Lending Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure Rule and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represents banks and other financial institutions of all sizes in commercial litigation matters including lender liability claims.
- Foreclosure and sale of a variety of commercial properties, including construction developments, retail, industrial and office rental property, and apartment buildings.
- Advises physicians, hospices, skilled nursing facilities, assisted and independent living facilities and other health care clients in a variety of litigation matters.
- Woodhollow Loft, Inc. v. Sisters of St. Francis Health Services, Inc., 472 B.R. 494, N.D.Ind., (Bankr.N.D.Ind. 2010).
- Counsel of Record: In re West Coast Interventional Pain Medicine, Inc., 435 B.R. 569 (Bankr.N.D.Ind. 2010).
- Represented lender in foreclosure and receivership of four industrial and office properties in suburban Chicago, cross-collateralizing $14.1 million in loans.
- Represented secured lender in the receivership sale of substantially all assets of a grain elevator operator in central Illinois.
- Represented national bank in the loan workout and foreclosure of a 40-unit apartment building in Indianapolis, successfully resolving loan prior to foreclosure sale.
- Represented senior secured lender in the In re Tow Yard Brewing, LLC, Case No. 18-00260 (Bankr. N.D. Ind.)
- Represented senior secured creditor in the In re Vince's Black Tie Inc., Case No 17-36681 (Bankr. N.D. Ill.).
- Represented largest unsecured creditor in In re Mack Industries, LTD, Case No. 17-09308 (Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Represented senior secured creditor in In re Grand & Pulaski Citgo, Inc., Case No. 16-05081 (Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Represented senior secured creditor in In re Leix Construction & Development, Inc., Case No. 14-01320 (Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Represented senior secured creditor in In re IB&B, LLC, Case No. 12-24274 (Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring, and Creditor's Rights
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Health Litigation
- Health & Life Sciences
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Education and Honors
- Indiana University–Maurer School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A., cum laude, 1996)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- Hospice of the Calumet Area, Inc. (Volunteer, Board of Directors)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2009-2013 Indiana Super Lawyers® lists