Jeff Burgess is an intellectual property attorney focusing on patent prosecution and trademark law. He represents companies in the development of their complex patent portfolios, in such areas as wireless telecommunications, display devices, and consumer electronics, and advises clients in securing protection of their intellectual property assets. Jeff also represents businesses in the protection of their trademark and copyrights, including clearance, registration, licensing, and in disputes over trademark rights and infringement.
Prior to attending law school, Jeff gained practical experience as an applications engineer in the sensor products division of a global leader in the semiconductor industry and as a patent intern for a global leader in processors and tech innovation.
Education and Honors
- Arizona State University, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Sr. Editor, Jurimetrics Journal of Law, Science and Technology (2005–2007)
- Arizona State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2000)
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- State Bar of California (Member)
- Scottsdale Bar Association (Member)