Jennifer Nackley practices in the Naples Estate, Trust and Wealth Preservation Group. In Jennifer's practice she counsels multigenerational families on the transition of wealth including the minimization of estate, gift and generation-skipping taxes, post mortem planning and advanced charitable planning. Jennifer is passionate about her clients, their families and about preserving and protecting their legacies and memories. Her practice involves a full range of matters including estate planning, probate administration, and guardianship matters. Jennifer guides clients through the various levels of administration of substantial estates, which can include the representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputed matters - matters that continue the legacy and intent of her clients. Her recent experience include:
- Consultation with clients on estate planning techniques to transition wealth on a multigenerational level while minimizing estate taxes. These techniques involve the preparation of revocable and irrevocable trusts, charitable foundations and charitable trusts.
- An integral part of her practice includes counseling clients on how to prepare for and plan for the unexpected during lifetime by using health care directives, financial powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents.
- Representation of clients in various levels of administration of substantial estates, as well as the representation of fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputed matters. In this regard Jennifer has been successful in commencing lawsuits to recover assets for clients that were diverted from them as a result of undue influence and elder abuse. She has successfully recovered millions of dollars for clients.
- Preparation of complex estate tax returns and the representation of clients during audits of estate and gift tax returns.
- Representation of clients in incapacity proceedings and representing guardians throughout the administration of the guardianship.
Education and Honors
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 1989)
- Dean's List
- Moot Court Board (Member, 1987–1989)
- St. John Fisher College (B.A., 1986)
- Dean's List
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1994
Professional and Civic Activities
- Cancer Alliance of Naples, Inc. (Past-President, Honorary Member, Board of Directors, 2014-present)
- The Florida Bar (Member, Real Property and Probate Trust Law Section)
- New York State Bar Association (Member)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Member)
- Collier County Bar Association (Chair, Trust & Estate Section, 1999–2000)
- Estate Planning Council of Naples, Inc. (Member)
- Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, Washington, D.C. (1989–1993)
- Legal Aid Service of Broward County (Board of Directors, 2010-2015)
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida (Board of Directors, 2010-2015)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2019-present: Trusts and Estates)
- Received Legal Aid Service of Collier County Leadership Award (2017)