Jennifer Griffin is the Chair of the firm's Tampa Bay Trusts & Estates Practice Group. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Griffin was a member of Holland & Knight LLP's Private Wealth Services Practice Group for approximately 10 years. Ms. Griffin's practice primarily focuses on the following areas:
- Wealth planning and preservation for individuals and families through the creation of customized estate plans created to address such issues as the minimization of tax impact, transfer of closely held business interests, and the implementation of specific distribution techniques to accommodate differing family dynamics.
- General administration of estates (advising clients through the probate process from start to finish) and the administration of trusts.
- Specific representation of fiduciaries (personal representatives, trustees, trust protectors, designated representatives, etc.) and beneficiaries, as to their rights and duties involved in the administration of estates and trusts, including assisting in the resolution of disputes arising from those administrations.
- Judicial and non-judicial modification of irrevocable trusts.
- Representation in the creation and negotiation of marital agreements as they apply to estate planning issues.
- Estate, Trust & Wealth Preservation
- Fiduciary, Trust and Probate Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
Education and Honors
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Research and Writing Teaching Fellow
- Judicial Intern for the 13th Judicial District for Hillsborough County, Florida
- University of South Florida (B.A., with honors, 1997)
- Major: English
- Golden Key National Society (Member)
- Arts and Sciences Honor Society (Member)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Professional and Civic Activities
- Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council (Member)
- The Florida Bar (Member: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section)
- Metropolitan Ministries Professional Advisory Council (Member)
- American Red Cross Planned Giving Committee (Member)
- David A. Straz, Jr., Center Planned Giving Committee (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member: Real Property Probate Trust Law Section)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2016–present: Trusts and Estates)
- Selected for inclusion in Florida Trend magazine’s “Florida Legal Elite” list (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Former appointed Vice-Chair of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Committee of the Young Lawyer's Division of the American Bar Association