Jennifer Powers represents institutional lenders in complex commercial finance and real estate transactions. She has extensive experience working with lenders in secured and unsecured financing transactions and structuring, mezzanine and timeshare financing, maritime lending, construction lending, and multistate financing transactions. In addition, Jennifer represents large institutional lenders with mortgage and asset-based loans, real estate and equipment sales, and loan workouts and settlement agreements.
Jennifer manages syndicated loans, loan workouts for restructuring and foreclosure transactions, and loans secured by real estate and business assets, including inventory, equipment, and accounts receivables. She represents national institutional lenders in homebuilder loan closings, as well as clients in assignment and purchase of loan documents and exempt renewal transactions. Jennifer is certified by the Small Business Administration and the National Association of Development Companies (NADCO) to close SBA loans (both CDC/504 and 7(a)), representing both or either of the interim and/or third party lenders.
- Business Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Real Estate
Education and Honors
- University of Florida Levin College of Law (1995)
- Florida State University (B.S., summa cum laude, 1992)
- Supreme Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic Activities
- Piper’s Peeps Foundation, founder
- Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Title Agent, member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, member
- Hillsborough County Association for Women Lawyers (HAWL), member, 1998-Present
- Real Estate Investment Council, Inc. (REIC), member, 1996-Present