A previous client and now paralegal at Quarles and Brady, Jennifer Roethe has a wide range of transactional franchise experience after working for 13 years in franchise administration and intellectual property (trademark, copyright) for a Wisconsin-based franchisor. Her practical knowledge and understanding of the franchise industry provide substantive experience in the following areas:
- Preparing franchise disclosure documents and related agreements.
- Preparing and filing state franchise registration and exemptions applications.
- Responding to comment letters from franchise state regulators.
- Preparing deal-specific Franchise Agreements and ancillary documents.
- Preparing Mutual Termination and other Settlement Agreements for Franchises.
- Forming all types of entities in various states.
- Qualifying entities to do business in other states.
- Preparing Operating Agreements; Bylaws, Operations Manuals, minutes and written consents.
- Assisting with due diligence for corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University (B.A.)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Marquette University Diederich College of Communications Alumni Association (5 years of service as Elected Secretary, Vice President, President)