Jennifer Powers practices in the areas of public finance and commercial finance and has been recognized as The Best Lawyers’ 2020 Milwaukee Public Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year.” Jennifer has extensive experience in many aspects of public and commercial finance transactions, with a focus on qualified 501(c)(3) private activity bonds, including the following:
- Serving as bond counsel and issuer’s counsel for the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority in tax-exempt bond financings for 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Serving as general counsel to the Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 1987)
- American Jurisprudence Awards
- Ripon College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1976)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1987
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1987
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (Member)
- Recognized as Best Lawyers® 2013, 2018, 2020 Milwaukee Public Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Selected as a "Woman in the Law" Honoree by the Wisconsin Law Journal (2013)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2008–present: Public Finance Law)