Jere is a paralegal in the Intellectual Property Group who assists clients and attorneys throughout all stages of the patent process. She places high value on responsiveness and quality work product.
Her responsibilities include:
- Preparing and filing U.S. patent applications and related formal documents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the preparation and filing of responses to office actions
- Patent pre-application and post-application follow-through for payment of issue fees, maintenance fees and other procedural requirements to maintain patent in force
- Preparation and filing of Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications and monitoring of applications through national stage filing deadline
- Prepares foreign filing instruction letters, verifies foreign filing requirements and oversees timely filings of formal documents; reviews and analyzes correspondence from foreign associates
- Communicates with attorneys and clients throughout prosecution and during maintenance of foreign grants
- Conducts research and maintains database and related dockets for domestic and international patent and trademark files
Jere is a volunteer for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and the Wisconsin Humane Society. She enjoys gardening, movies and travel.
Education and Honors
- Waukesha County Technical College (Associate Degree, 1988)
- Major: Administrative Assistant