John Blimling focuses his practice on advising private and public companies in corporate governance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and restructuring. He is a member of the firm's Business Law Practice Group where he not only advises companies, but drafts SEC filings, annual reports, proxy statements, and no-action letters.
In law school, John was the senior articles editor for the Wisconsin Law Review and served on the law school's Moot Court Board. Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, he served as law clerk to Justice David Prosser of the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Order of the Coif
- Wisconsin Law Review: Senior Articles Editor (2012 – 2014), Member (2012 – 2013)
- Mathys Memorial Award for Outstanding Coaching and Service in Appellate Advocacy (2014); Dean's Academic Achievement Award (2014); Gwynette E. Smalley Law Review Prize (2014)
- Moot Court Board: Coach (2014), Competitor (2013)
- University of Illinois (B.A., 2007)