Jon serves as the Milwaukee Office Chair of the firm’s Healthcare Litigation Team, in which capacity he defends all types of healthcare providers against a variety of lawsuits, administrative actions, and government investigations. Jon and his team - which includes lawyers trained as pharmacists, nurses, and therapists as well as former FDA and DEA agents - rely on their deep healthcare expertise to consistently achieve victories for their healthcare clients both in and out of the courtroom.
Jon’s recent experience includes:
- Successfully resolving a multi-million lawsuit based on allegedly fraudulent medical receivables claims, and advising and defending against a related qui tam action.
- Successfully resolving a complex contractual dispute between a healthcare provider and a benefits provider.
- Successfully defending a national provider of managed care prescription services from a nationwide class action lawsuit.
- Advising and defending a healthcare provider from an investigation brought by a U.S. Attorney under the False Claims Act.
- Representing a healthcare provider in enforcing restrictive covenants against former healthcare employees.
- Representing majority owners of a medical practice during the dissolution of their practice and their formation of a new practice.
- Representing an assisted living facility in state court lawsuit over construction of a new care facility.
- Assisting healthcare providers in responding to subpoenas while ensuring that information produced complies with HIPAA and applicable peer review laws.