Jose A. Lazaro is an associate in the Firm’s Public Finance Group. He has experience drafting documents related to municipal finance deals, participating in sales processes of revenue-raising instruments including bonds and promissory notes, and completing projects on several statutory matters including revenue and operational limits, sovereign immunity, charter schools, and other matters related to municipal finance.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Jose played four years of college baseball after being drafted by the New York Yankees in the MLB 2011 Player Draft. He was a summer associate with the firm in 2019 and winter associate with the firm in 2020.
Education and Honors
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2020)
- CALI Awards: Securities Regulation and Torts
- Cryptocurreny & Blockchain Law Society (Founder and President)
- Marquette Law Review (Technology Editor)
- St. Thomas University (B.B.A., 2015)
- Sun Conference 2015 & 2016 All-Academic Baseball Team
Professional and Civic Activities
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)