Joe Puchner practices in all areas of commercial real estate law, including development, purchase and sale, leasing, financing, and land use. He also practices in the areas of international business transactions, compliance counseling and specialized immigration law. Joe's recent experience includes:
- Representation over many years of the real estate development arm of a prominent Wisconsin utility in the acquisition, development, construction, leasing, sales, and financings of top tier business and industrial parks in Southeastern Wisconsin. These parks range from 85-acres to 2,400-acres and are located near the I-94 corridor in Oak Creek, Caledonia, Racine, Kenosha, and Pleasant Prairie, WI.
- Representation of a California-based national industrial developer in the acquisition of a 220-acre redevelopment site along the I-94 corridor in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- Representation of a New York-based national real estate investment company in development matters for its 90-acre business park in Sturtevant, Wisconsin and its 1,000,000 square foot multi-tenant building located in Yorkville, Wisconsin along I-94.
- Representation of Wisconsin electric and gas utilities in all aspects of real estate transactions, including development and financing of power plants and other significant facilities projects.
- Real estate transactional work related to the establishment of wind farms and solar farms in central and northern Wisconsin.
- Representation of ownership on significant redevelopment projects in downtown Milwaukee, including the former Pabst Brewery and three historic buildings attached to the Grand Avenue Mall.
- Work on development of health care facilities, including medical office buildings, research facilities, and hospital joint ventures.
- Assistance with all types of real estate issues related to the establishment of a multistate electricity transmission company.
- Representation of U.S. and foreign parties on international acquisitions and joint ventures, including anti-corruption (FCPA) counseling.
- Representation of numerous NBA basketball players on immigration matters, including applications for U.S. permanent residence.
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- International Services
Education and Honors
- Stanford Law School (J.D., with distinction, 1986)
- Marquette University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1983)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Law Clerk to the Hon. William B. Enright, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (1986–1988)
- State Bar of California (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Director, International Practice Section)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (Member)
- International Young Lawyers Association (Prix des Anciens Présidents, 1994)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (Member)
- U.S. Department of State (Foreign Service Officer, 1990–1991)
- Stagiaire, Lassez et Associés, Paris (1989)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2003–present: Real Estate Law)
- Listed in Chambers USA® (2004–present: Real Estate)
- Selected for inclusion in the 2005–2008, 2010–2014, 2017-2019 Wisconsin Super Lawyers® lists (Real Estate Law)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Creole (Haiti)