Josh Covey is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He focuses on technology transactions and data privacy and security.
Prior to joining Quarles & Brady, Josh worked for several years as a financial advisor and district manager for a large bank.
Education and Honors
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Order of the Coif; Strouse Prize Recipient; Pedrick Scholar; Arizona State Law Journal (Technology Editor)
- Certificate in Law, Science, and Technology, with specialization in Biotechnology, Genomics, and Health Law
- Emerging Technologies and Personalized Medicine Research Programs; Innovation Advancement Program
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Diane J. Humetewa and the Honorable John Z. Boyle, U.S. District Court, District of Arizona (2015–2016)
- Emmanuel School of Religion (M.A., summa cum laude, 2010)
- Major: Evolution of Religion
- Ohio Valley University (B.S., magna cum laude, 2004)
- Major: Business Management
- Varsity Men’s Basketball
- WVIAC Scholastic Athlete of the Year (2002)
Professional and Civic Activities
- Legal Analytics Fellow at the Center for Law, Science & Innovation at Arizona State University (2017-Present)