Judith E. "Judy" Covey is a paralegal with 17 years experience in the franchise area and 33 years experience in the corporate area of law. She provides substantive assistance in the following areas:
- Preparing franchise disclosure documents and related agreements.
- Preparing and filing state franchise registration and exemptions applications.
- Responding to comment letters from franchise state regulators.
- Preparing deal-specific Franchise Agreements and ancillary documents.
- Preparing Mutual Termination and other Settlement Agreements for Franchises.
- Forming all types of entities in various states.
- Qualifying entities to do business in other states.
- Preparing Operating Agreements; Bylaws, minutes and written consents.
- Maintaining corporate and other entity books.
- Preparing Shareholders Agreements.
- Preparing Stock and Asset Purchase Agreements and related documents.
Education and Honors
- Florida Junior College (A.S.)
- Degree: A.S. in Legal Assisting.
- St. Petersburg College (A.A.)
- Awarded CLAS in Business from NALA.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Elected line officer, The Grand Chapter of Florida Order of the Eastern Star, Inc